Tuesday, 10 July 2012

The Journey So Far...

 

My first post! I am going to start with 'The Night of 1,000 Banquet’s'

…Around 50 of us met, had a meal and socialised. The evening was to raise money for LIV Village through LIV Village UK. We all watched the LIV Village DVD, Hannah and I were informally interviewed on our journeys to the current moment. It was great to share with people just how passionately I feel for the charity and the children I met in South Africa over Easter.


I had read a book by Rob Bell called ‘Jesus wants to save Christians’ a couple of days before the banquet and really felt that he nailed so much of what I felt, but hadn’t managed to put language on yet.
 This is what the book was saying, this is the place that I spoke from that evening, this is my journey so far….
‘I think that each of us, to a different extent hears the cry of the oppressed. We are then invited to act on their behalf.
First we listen, and then we hear.
You can be anywhere, be doing anything. But when we hear the cry, everything changes.
If we have any resources, power, voice, influence, energy, we must give it to those who do not have a voice or influence.
It's not just about saving the world, it's also about saving ourselves from comfort, selfishness and not caring.
Instead of standing at a distance saying, "someone else," it's stepping up and stepping into the invitation. To the risk, to the suffering, to the joy. It's never from a "well, I suppose I should do my bit."
It's not about guilt.
It comes from something so strong that you can't stop hearing it. It comes from a cause so great you would sell all you have to be a part of it.’
It’s been an amazing time over the last year to get to where I am now, this is just the beginning of the next step for me. A year of challenge, new opportunities and an invitation to follow and trust Jesus in new ways…
…The fun is definitely found in the journey.

Y.N.W.A

No comments:

Post a Comment